The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship funded by the Ireland Government Scholarship. The Ireland Government Scholarship is open to International Student to Study Full-time Masters Doctoral Degree, Post Doctoral or (MS leading to Ph.D.) from the Irish Higher Educational Universities in any academic Discipline. The aim of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is to bring outstanding students with the opportunity to learn from top Universities in their chosen area of interest.
The Classes will begin on 1st September 2021. All the Expenses will be covered by the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme and by the Department of Further and Higher Education. Courses will be conducted in English. The Ireland Government Scholarship is by interesting and Competitive Scholarship Program. Participants with any nationality from around the world can apply for the Irish Scholarship.
Approximately a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2021/2022. The Council typically Makes an investment in 280 New Postgraduate Scholarships in Ireland Every year. In 2019, a total of 1,193 Postgraduate Scholars, with over 5,000 individual scholarships for excellent research awarded to date. The Features of the Irish Government Scholarship is given below.
Features of Ireland Government Scholarship 2021
- Scholarship Country: Ireland
- Funded by: Government of Ireland
- Course Level: Master, Doctorate (MS Leading to PhD)
- Eligible Regions: European Union & All Other Nationalities
- Deadline: 29th October 2020
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is a unique Opportunity that funds the Irish International Scholarship Holders across all disciplines.
The free education program provides opportunities to outstanding students with the opportunity to direct their own research at the early-career stage.
Duration of the Ireland Government Scholarship
- Research Master’s Degree: 1 Year
- Structured Research Master’s Degree: 2 Years
- Traditional Doctoral Degree: 3 Years
- Structured Doctoral Degree: 4 Years
Fields & Majors
The aim of the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is to support or intending to pursue, Full-Time Degree Masters or Doctorate in Any Discipline in the fields of:
- Social Science
List of Universities Under Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Galway–Mayo Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- Technological University Dublin
- University College Cork
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- A Stipend of €16,000 Per annum
- Contribution to Fees including Non-EU Fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum.
- Must have a Bachelor’s, or an equivalent Degree For Masters.
- Must have a Bachelor’s, Masters Degree or the equivalent Degree For Doctoral Degree.
- Result awaiting students can also apply.
- If Undergraduate Examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first-class or upper second-class honours.
The last date to apply for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship for 2021 is 29th October 2020. The Timeline is given below.
|Call open||3 September 2020|
|FAQ deadline||22 October 2020|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 29 October 2020|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 5 November 2020|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 November 2020|
|Call outcome||End of March 2021|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2021|
How to Apply for the Ireland Government Scholarship
All the Applications Must be submitted Online before the Deadline. To apply for the Scholarship, Please Visit the Official Website of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme.